- Highly absorbable unique form of iron
- Useful for those with a restricted diet such as Vegans and Vegetarians
- Gentle on the stomach / Ideal for sensitive stomachs
- Reduces constipating effects (common effect of standard iron supplements)
- Vegan, Vegetarian, Kosher
Gentle Iron 90 Vegicaps
Solgar Gentle Iron 20 mg is ideal for those who find traditional iron supplements difficult to take and/or may cause bloating, constipation and digestive issues. Solgar’s formula contains iron bisglycinate, a form of iron which is tolerated well by sensitive stomachs.
Iron is a key mineral and essential nutrient, required by the body for many different biological functions. We should be able to achieve healthy levels of iron by consuming a normal healthy diet consisting of foods such as red meat, pulses, nuts, eggs, grains and leafy vegetables. However, there are times, particularly with those on restricted diets, such as Vegetarians, when we may need some additional support. Getting enough iron has been shown to reduce tiredness and fatigue and support healthy energy levels, something many are seeking due to modern lifestyles and natural aging. Iron also helps carry oxygen around the body to our active cells and tissues. In this way, iron contributes to normal cognitive function, normal energy-levels and supports a healthy immune system.
Unfortunately, Iron can be quite harsh on the intestinal system so Solgar ® introduced Solgar ® Gentle Iron, which contains iron in bisglycinate form. This form is easy to absorb and gentle on the stomach.
Solgar ® Gentle Iron - Iron Bisglycinate capsules are Kosher and suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians. 1 tablet a day provides 20 mg of iron in ferrous bisglycinate form, equalling 143% of the Nutrient Reference Values. Taking 1 capsule a day will contribute to:
• Normal cognitive function
• Normal energy-yielding metabolism
• Normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin
• Normal oxygen transport in the body
• Normal function of the immune system
• Reduction of tiredness and fatigue
• The process of cell division